|HOME | ABOUT | CONTACT|
Brine Shrimp Eggs Hatching Instructions
1. Hatching tank: Use a clear plastic or glass bottle. For larger quantities use a 10-55 gal. (38-208 L) fiberglass tank.
2. Use clean sea water or artificial salt water with a specific gravity of 1.01 to 1.02.
3. The optimum PH is 7.5-8.5. If necessary, add an alkaline solution made from soda ash or sodium sulfate to raise the PH.
4. During hatching, use sufficient aeration to keep all eggs in circulation at all times. Pump the air through an airstone to get a smooth flow.
5. The optimum hatching temperature is 82-85°F (28-29°C).
6. Most hatching will occur after 20-36 hours.
7. To harvest, remove the air supply and wait 10-15 minutes. The nauplii will school on the bottom. Siphon them into a fine mesh net by using a plastic tube.
8. Store cysts in a cool, dry place. For maximum preservation, cysts can be frozen